Have you ever thought about how to successfully install a cold storage room?
In order to help to install the cold room correctly, we provide six common installation requirements for cold storage, including Panel installation, unit cooler, refrigeration units, refrigeration pipelines, power distribution, and charging refrigerant, etc.
1. Installation requirements for assembled cold room panels
- Check the project design and construction materials list, and carefully check the materials and accessories.
- Before installing, check the number of cold storage panels. When loading and unloading the storage panel, it is necessary to handle it carefully and lay an anti-scratch layer on each of the panels and the ground joint.
- When assembling the cold storage, there should be a gap between the wall and the roof, the ground or the floor must be level, and the construction environment should be clean.
- Before fixing the interior of the storage body with angle aluminum, it should be sealed with glass glue and then fixed with angle aluminum by solid pull. The distance between the rivets is 300mm. The distance between the upper and lower sides of the door is 100mm.
2. Technical requirements for the installation of unit coolers
- When choosing the location of the hanging point, first consider the location of the best air circulation. Secondly, in considering the direction of the structure of the cold room
- The gap between the evaporator and the panels should be greater than the thickness of the evaporator.
- All suspension bolts of the unit cooler should be tightened. And use sealant to close the bolts and suspension bolt perforations to prevent cold bridges and air leakage.
- When the ceiling-type evaporator is too heavy, apply No.4 or No.5 angle iron to make a cross-beam. The beam should be spanned to another top panel and wall panels to reduce the load bearing.
3. Installation requirements for refrigeration units
- The semi-hermetic or hermetic compressor should be installed an oil separator, and the appropriate amount of oil to live in the oil division, evaporation temperature below -15 degrees, should be installed gas-liquid separator and add the appropriate amount of refrigerant oil.
- The base of the compressor should be installed with a shock-absorbing rubber seat.
- The installation of the unit should leave room for maintenance, which is convenient for observing the adjustment of instruments and valves.
- The high pressure gauge should be installed at the tee of the liquid storage filling valve.
- The overall layout of the unit is reasonable and the color is consistent. The installation structure of each model unit should be consistent.
4. Installation requirements for refrigeration pipelines
- The diameter of the copper pipe should be selected in strict accordance with the suction and discharge valve interface of the compressor. When the condenser and compressor separation of more than 3 meters should increase the diameter of the pipeline;
- The condenser suction surface and the wall to maintain more than 400mm distance, the outlet and obstacles to maintain a distance of more than 3 meters;
- The inlet and outlet pipe diameters of the liquid storage tank shall be subject to the exhaust and liquid outlet pipe diameters marked on the unit sample.
- The compressor suction pipeline and evaporator return pipeline shall not be smaller than the size indicated in the sample to reduce the internal resistance of evaporation pipeline.
- When making the regulating station, each liquid discharge pipe should be sawed into a 45-degree bevel and inserted into the bottom end, and the liquid inlet pipe should be inserted into the regulating station at one-quarter of the pipe diameter;
- The exhaust pipe and return pipe should have a certain slope. When the position of the condenser is higher than that of the compressor, the discharge pipe should slope to the condenser and a liquid ring should be installed at the discharge port of the compressor. Prevent gas cooling and liquefaction from flowing back to the high-pressure exhaust port after shutdown, causing liquid compression when restarting;
- The evaporator back to the gas pipe outlet should be installed at the U-bend. Return gas piping should be sloped in the direction of the compressor to ensure a smooth return to the oil;
- The expansion valve should be installed as close as possible to the location of the evaporator. Solenoid valve should be installed horizontally, the valve body vertical and pay attention to the direction of the liquid;
- If necessary, install filters on the compressor return line to prevent dirt from entering the compressor in system and remove moisture from the system;
- Refrigeration system all sodium and lock nuts before fastening, to wipe refrigeration oil lubrication, and strengthen the sealing. Wipe clean after fastening. The roots of each section door shall be locked tightly;
- The expansion valve temperature-sensitive package with a metal card fastened in the evaporator outlet 100mm-200mm, with a double layer of insulation wrapped tight;
- After the installation of refrigeration systems, the overall beauty, and color consistency. There should be no pipeline cross high and low unevenness, etc.
5. Power Distribution System Installation Requirements
- Each contact needs to be equipped with a line number for maintenance;
- Make the electric control box in strict accordance with the requirements of the drawings, and connect the electricity to do the no-load test;
- Mark the name on each contactor;
- Fix each electrical component wire with binding wire;
- The electrical contacts should be pressed tightly to the wire joints, and the main wire joints of the motor should be clamped tightly with wire clips, and tinned if necessary;
- Line pipes shall be laid for the connection of each equipment and fixed with clips. When connecting PVC pipes, glue them together, and seal the mouth of the pipes with tape;
- The distribution box should be installed horizontally and vertically, the ambient lighting should be good, and the room should be dry for easy observation and operation;
- The area occupied by wires in the conduit shall not exceed 50%;
- The selection of wires must have a safety factor, and the temperature of the wire surface must not exceed 40 degrees when the unit is running or defrosting;
- The circuit system must be the 5-wire system, if there is no ground wire, a ground wire should be installed;
- The wires should not be exposed to the open air, so as to avoid long-term exposure to the sun and wind, wire aging, short circuit leakage, etc.;
- The installation of the line pipe should be beautiful and firm.
6. Technical requirements for refrigeration system commissioning
- Measure the power supply voltage;
- Measure the resistance of the three windings of the compressor and the insulation of the motor;
- Check the opening and closing of each valve of the refrigeration system;
- After evacuating, fill the refrigerant into the storage liquid to 70%-80% of the standard charging amount, and then run the compressor to add gas from low pressure until the amount is sufficient;
- After turning on the machine, firstly listen to the sound of the compressor to see if the sound of the compressor is normal, and check whether the condenser and the air cooler are running normally. Whether the three-phase current of the compressor is stable;
- After cooling down steadily, check each part of the refrigeration system, such as exhaust pressure, suction pressure, exhaust temperature, suction temperature, motor temperature, crankcase temperature, and temperature before the expansion valve. Observe the frosting of the evaporator and expansion valve, and observe the oil level and color change of the oil mirror. Whether the sound of the equipment running is abnormal;
- Set parameters and expansion valve opening according to the frosting and usage conditions of the cold storage.
Are you planning to install a new cold storage room, please contact us.
We will use our industry expertise to provide you with a refrigerated solution that meets your specific needs at a competitive price.